Just take the training department out of the organization.
Think of your company!
What would be affected?
According to Jim Harris in his book The Learning Paradox1, a number of issues would begin to appear, including:
1-Fewer skilled employees
2. Lower-quality work
3. Poor customer service
4. Higher customer turnover
5. Increased marketing costs
6. Slow corporate growth
7. Higher employee turnover
8. Higher recruitment costs
9. Reduced attraction for new employees
10. Increased IT support
11. High informal training costs
12. Increased workload
13. Increased burnout
14. Slow response to bids
15. Slow response to competition
16. Turf battles, office size and politics are valued
17. Inability to adjust for business environment